Thursday, March 21, 2013

Being my own Psychiatrist, Critic, and Fan

As I walk around and see people rushing into building for work in the morning, school kids with heavy backpacks complaining about the homework or the fire-breathing teachers, and my friends smiling with fantastic enthusiasm about a show they watched the previous night or just because we are spending time together, makes me think about the days ahead of me.

I begin to ponder about their whereabouts and what the future may have in store for them. Which, in turn, makes me think about myself and where I want to be. Yes, I said WANT. I have high goals for myself as I expect everyone else to but what gets me is the way I get there and why I want it so bad.

I lay awake at night (as can be seen, as I am writing this at 2 am) and think about my goals. I have finally made a decision on being an English Teacher with a minor in both Linguistics and Writing. I want to go to Mexico to teach English language, go to Japan and try that too. I want to teach High school students because that was where I learned the most about myself and where I began to change. I want to maybe even teach in my old high school.

I want.
I want.
I want.

That seems to be the first step. Passion...the want.

Of course, like many other college students, I made my mistakes like writing in my blog instead of studying :). Luckily, I am only doing my general courses, so I am technically more entitled to change my mind.

The second step is Knowledge. Knowing exactly what and why I want.
This, for me, seems to be the hardest step of all. Why am I so passionate about wanting to teach? Wanting to teach the English language in Japan? What is driving my passion?
...I suppose, that is for me to find out on my own..seeing as I probably won't find out for a few years from now.

The third and (probably) the last step, can be split into two sub-steps:
        Starting the process
        Reaching the dream

This process won't be easy but I am really excited to begin. I still have one more semester of general courses until I will transfer to a different college to start the one of the most important sections of my life (section is not the right word but I'm at a loss).

~~ Give yourself a chance. Watch yourself through a window and learn about yourself...grab your dreams and MAKE them come true.~~

So give me about 2- *maybe* 4 years and come sit in on one of my classes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

--------- ---------